Ahh… beautiful, dreamy Selenite. This has been a favorite of mine since the beginning of my crystal addiction. With its lustrous shine and smooth feeling surface, Selenite is easy to fall in love with and once you discover its amazing ‘powers’, you’ll want to carry or wear one every day!
Selenite is a gypsum crystal that comes in many forms and color variations. However most people associate selenite with its shimmery, luminous form known as satin spar. It’s a very soft mineral being only a 2 on the Mohs scale and is found in many places around the world, including the Naica Mine in Mexico, where massive, telephone pole size crystals were found.
The name Selenite is derived from ‘Selene’ the Greek Goddess of the Moon.
It has a very high vibration and brings clarity of mind. A protective stone, Selenite shields a person or space from outside influences and is a great tool to place on each side of your front door (or whatever door your company walks through) to ensure their negativity is ‘left at the door’. Selenite can evoke protection from the angelic realm and also dispels negative energy. The power of Selenite helps one connect with one’s guides, guardians, Christ Consciousness and Higher Self. Selenite can be held or placed around a person to facilitate such a connection. It can also be used in a grid, placed in the corners of the home to shield your space from unwanted negative energies, promoting a safe and quiet space where outside influences cannot penetrate.
Selenite is extremely sensitive, and acts just like “liquid light” from the angelic realm and universe. The crystals’ striations (fine, parallel grooves and narrow bands) are the pathways for the illuminated substance of Spirit. Selenite vibrates more on the spiritual level than on the physical, and resides on the threshold between pure white light and physical matter.
This crystal is capable of displaying total transparency, and is the very essence of dreams and visions. Selenite builds and acts as the bridge to merge the highest frequencies of light with the most subtle levels of form. It’s so sensitive, selenite will fracture or break around extreme negative thoughts.
Selenite has a direct effect on the emotional body. However, unlike stones that soothe and calm the emotions, selenite activates the aspect of our nature connected to our true spiritual feeling and path.
These crystals are particularly effective in stabilizing the emotional body and bringing erratic emotions under calm control. Selenite is water soluble and will dissolve if left in liquid. This important characteristic is also a great metaphor of the inherent power of the crystal to melt away exaggerated emotions with the stabilizing light force of your “true nature and feeling”.
Selenite has a variety of specific transformational qualities:
- Brings the fifth dimensional light into third dimensional matter.
- Quickly opens balances and activates any chakra and is especial good with the third eye, crown chakra, and the soul star chakra above the head. It’s the most powerful clearing stone for the upper chakras.
- Cleanses the aura.
- Clears and energize all the glands of the body.
- Clears all blockages in the energy field.
- Cuts cords of dysfunctional energy from the etheric body.
- Ideal for purification and energetic cleansing, which makes it a perfect tool for healers.
- Directs high frequency energy into the body, stimulating spiritual, physical and emotional healing.
- Opens the inner self to the spiritual world.
- Magnifies the energy of what ever is placed on it many times over (including other crystals).
- Adds positive intentions into the energy body.
- Elevates the frequency of physical matter and lowers the frequency of light, enabling a new substance to bring spirit into matter.
- Acts as a tool for enlightenment as it heralds the link between spirit and matter.
As a general rule when people ask what the top 5 crystals they should get first are… I ALWAYS say Selenite because of its many benefits both physical and metaphysical.